Horizon Chase Turbo really reminds me of a cult classic arcade racing game I used to love playing called Outrun. So if you love those old school arcade racing games, you should definitely get Horizon Chase Turbo. Even the name of the game sounds damn retro. With the graphic context of 16 bit and the bright colorful landscapes, Horizon Chase Turbo will definitely be a nostalgic ride indeed. For PC and PlayStation 4 users, it will be available on May 15th and a later date this year will be for Xbox One and Switch users. This was announced by the developers, Aquiris.
Here is an overview of the game via PlayStation.com
A tribute to classic arcade racers.
Horizon Chase Turbo is a racing game inspired in the great hits of the 80’s and 90’s: Outrun, Lotus Turbo Challenge, Top Gear (SNES), Rush, among others. Each curve and each lap in Horizon Chase Turbo recreates classic arcade gameplay and offers you unbound speed limits of fun. Full throttle on and enjoy!
16-bit Graphics Reinvented
Horizon Chase Turbo brings back the graphic context of the 16-bit generation and creates a style that is inspired in the past without letting go of its contemporaneity. The apparent polygon and secondary color aesthetic accentuate the visual beauty of the game, resulting in a unique and harmonic atmosphere. You’ll feel the retro soul of the game on a completely modern body.
A World Tour through Amazing Horizons
Horizon Chase Turbo is a race around the world. With each new cup you’ll pilot your car through extraordinary places, watching the sun setting, facing rain, snow, volcanic ashes and even severe sandstorms. Be it day or night each track takes place in beautiful postcards from across the world.
Back to the Old-School Couch Friendsips
Horizon Chase Turbo offers a Multiplayer Split Screen mode that rescue the nostalgia of playing with your best friends sitting on a couch all night long. The hard time is to know who is your best friend, because this one is also the one to be beaten.
- An exciting racing game in the Arcade style inspired by Out Run, Top Gear, Lotus Turbo Challenge, among others
- Modern, high-quality graphics and user interface
- Incredible and classic multiplayer mode with split screen for up to 4 players
- Music by Barry Leitch, sound designer of classic racing games of the 90s, such as Top Gear and Lotus Turbo Challenge, among others
- Various contents: 12 championships, 48 cities, 110 tracks, 26 unlockables and 10 improvements
- Challenge your friends in a competitive online mode with ghosts
- Make history by putting your name on your friends’ rating boards
Check out the trailer.