2K Games has announced that WWE 2K20 will see the return of online lobbies alongside a suite of upcoming online features, as well as details and additions to the Universe Mode. Here are the details.
What can you expect from WWE 2K20’s Universal mode?
- Major and minor show match limits have increased from 7 to 9.
- Pay-Per-View match limits have doubled from 7 to 14.
- The number of championship titles per major show has increased from 6 to 7.
- Simultaneous rivalries on major shows have increased from 3 to 4.
- Pay-Per-Views can be co-hosted by up to 3 major shows versus the previous 2.
- Players have more freedom to delete and add promos and matches.
- 50 of the most-used cutscenes have been reshot with female mocap actors to look more authentic when female Superstars are used.
- 25 new cutscenes have been added.
- 3,040 new promo lines are in the game.
- Custom Matches can now be included in Match Tables, along with new Mixed Tag Matches.
- New Championship Match setting in Match Tables can be used to make certain matches a title match.
- Main Event matches in Match Tables have been tweaked so that those match types are more likely to occur on the show (Example: Royal Rumble match at the Royal Rumble Pay-Per-View).
- New rivalry content includes options such as low-intensity enemies making peace after a single Pay-Per-View or low to mid-intensity allies slowly falling out over several weeks instead of a sudden turn.
- The overall menu flow has been streamlined to make it more accessible to those new to Universe Mode. All deeper options are still available for experienced players.
The return of online lobbies in WWE 2K20
The highly requested online lobby system is back in WWE 2K20. Lobbies will streamline the process of pairing up players and getting them into a match as quickly as possible. We’re also excited to talk about new developments in MyPLAYER, Road to Glory, and MyPLAYER Towers.
If you have an exact online multiplayer match in mind, creating a lobby is the way to go. Select from a wide variety of match types and rules with up to six players. Choose the arena, Superstar gender, and even toggle the restriction to only allow default WWE Superstars (a.k.a. Fair Play). You can start out in private mode to invite friends and then open the remaining slots to the general public if you prefer. Once in a lobby together, everyone can voice chat as they select Superstars and the lobby creator makes decisions on the match at hand. Players will now have full visibility on how the match is coming together. If you’re less picky about what kind of match you want to play, you can browse currently available lobbies that only need one or two more participants and jump right in. Or use the search feature to filter by preference. Even easier, select Quick Play to be slotted into ready-to-go matches automatically.
As previously announced, both male and female MyPLAYERS are part of MyCAREER. This extends to Road to Glory and MyPLAYER Towers as well. You create both male and female MyPLAYERs with different styles (one can be a brawler and the other a high-flier, for example), experience pools, progression trees, and creation part unlocks. This consistent pair can level up and unlock items throughout all three of these modes.
For the first time ever, any special creation parts you unlock through playing MyCAREER, Road to Glory, and MyPLAYER Towers are also available in the general Create-a-Superstar mode. On top of that, you can export the appearance of your MyPLAYER out to the general character creations as well!
Road to Glory and MyPLAYER Tower fans will be familiar with the process of earning stars to enter special pay-per-view events. These Road to Glory events now include female matches for the first time, in addition to male matches.