Valorant 2021 Esports and collegiate competitive plans were announced from Riot Games yesterday. These regional tournaments will provide opportunities for players across Southeast Asia, Taiwan and Hong Kong to begin building their regional legacies through the official VALORANT esports and collegiate circuit.
The appointed partners that will work in close support with Riot Games Southeast Asia to roll out the official esports and collegiate tournaments in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Taiwan, and Hong Kong are:
● Mineski Philippines for Philippines Esports
● Mineski Philippines and AcadArena as two separate organizers for Philippines Collegiate
● The Gaming Company for Malaysia Esports and Collegiate, and Singapore Esports
● PGL and Eliphant for Singapore Collegiate
● Talon for Hong Kong Esports and Collegiate, and Taiwan Esports
● Taiwan Mobile and TeSL for Taiwan Collegiate
● ESL for Thailand Esports and Collegiate
● ONE Up for Indonesia Esports and Collegiate
”Players have asked and we’re excited to answer. In Southeast Asia, the appetite for VALORANT sports has been tremendous and we are pleased to partner with the region’s leading esports organizations to introduce new heights of competitive play to the region,” – Chris Tran, Head of Esports at Riot Games Southeast Asia, Taiwan and Hong Kong.
These esports partners will organize exclusive tournaments showcasing the highest levels of
play, through which aspiring teams will qualify to the largest regional and international VALORANT tournaments. Collegiate partners will work with the colleges and universities of the region to build up an exciting series of tournaments for students to directly experience the thrill of competition.
The same appointed partners will also run a series of merit-based qualifiers for VALORANT First Strike, a global set of tournaments announced earlier in September. The appointed partners and registration dates are:
● Mineski Philippines for the Philippines: Registration starts October 14 at
● ESL for Thailand: Registration starts October 14 at
● ONE Up for Indonesia: Registration starts October 14 at http://valorant.oneup.co.id/
● The Gaming Company for Singapore and Malaysia: Registration starts October 17 at
● Talon for Taiwan and Hong Kong: Registration starts November 1 at http://talon.gg/
VALORANT is a competitive 5v5 character-based tactical shooter for the PC developed by Riot
Games. VALORANT is a precise and lethal multiplayer game with high-fidelity gunplay, a
diverse arsenal of guns, agents with unique abilities, and competitively tuned maps for
thousands of hours of play.
VALORANT is a free-to-play game and optimized to perform on a wide variety of PC hardware,
allowing for a global audience to compete. Demonstrated by the game’s best-in-class game
server quality, global infrastructure, and proprietary anti-cheat technology, Riot Games is
committed to preserving the core tenets of the tactical shooter genre and upholding the
competitive integrity of the gameplay experience.
VALORANT quickly established itself as a fan-favorite among the global first-person shooter
community after launching its closed beta in April 2020 The game made history on its first day,
breaking viewership records with 34 million hours-watched in a single day, and surpassing 1.7
million peak concurrent viewers, a peak concurrent record second only to Riot Games’ 2019
League of Legends World Championship Finals. Over the course of VALORANT’s two-month
beta testing period, an average of nearly 3 million players logged on each day to play. Fans also
demonstrated their enthusiasm for the shooter by watching more than 470 million hours of
VALORANT closed beta streams on Twitch, the world’s leading service and community for
multiplayer entertainment, and Korean video-streaming service AfreecaTV.