Ubisoft has announced new details and the release date of its first episode, for Tom Clancy’s The Division 2. The major update will be available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Stadia as well. Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 will also be available on Uplay+.
Part of the game’s Year 1 free content plan, Episode 1 – D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions will be outside the streets of Washington D.C. The fresh content for Episode 1 features new locations to explore and picks up where the story leaves off after the final boss at Tidal Basin. Episode 1 will be released on 23rd July for all Year 1 Pass holders and 30th July for all players. The new Expeditions experience will be released on 25th July for Year 1 Pass holders and 1st August for all players.
Check out The Division 2 – Year 1 Trailer here
Here’s what can look forward to the following content in Episode 1 – D.C. Outskirts: Expeditions:
- Two New Main Missions, July 30 (July 23 for Year 1 Pass holders)
- Camp White Oak: Division Agents stage a well-planned attack into the presidential compound, as they seek to bring the now-traitor President Andrew Ellis to justice.
- Manning National Zoo: Emeline Shaw, leader of the Outcasts, fled after her defeat in D.C. and is now held up at the Zoo regaining strength. Agents are on the hunt to eliminate Shaw, nipping the Outcasts’ reawakening in the bud.
- New experience: Expeditions, August 1 (July 25 for Year 1 Pass holders)
- In this new experience, players enter Kenly College, where contact has been lost with a military convoy full of vital supplies. When they receive what appears to be a final broadcast, they form an expedition to find any surviving members in need of rescue. Expeditions will be split in three different wings for players to complete. Each wing will have a specific theme and tone, to be released on a week-by-week basis. Completing all three wings grants access to an exclusive treasure room full of rewards.
- New Weapons and Gear: Players can obtain:
- One exotic weapon: Diamondback Rifle
- One exotic gear: BTSU Datagloves
- Two weapons: Stoner LMG and Carbine 7
- Classified Assignments: Agents can take on two new classified assignments in Washington’s Central Aquarium and NSA Site B13 (Exclusive only to Year 1 Pass holders).
The Division 2 – Operation Dark Hours: How to Get Raid Ready
Alongside content, Episode 1 will also bring game updates based on player feedback:
- New Discovery Difficulty setting for the “
- The new Discovery Difficulty, along with its corresponding matchmaking option, will allow more players to experience The Division 2 in its entirety. While Operation Dark Hours Exotic loot remains exclusive to the Normal difficulty, Agents playing the Discovery Difficulty can expect a variety of great rewards, while training for the Normal Difficulty.
- Crafting improvements
- Players can now craft their gear up until Gear Score 500 and share blueprints across characters. Additionally, crafted weapons can now be re-calibrated.
- Weapons balancing and skills buff
- As part of the ongoing updates to answer community feedback, awaited balance and buffs will be added to the next title update.
Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 is available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.